Top tips for a successful recruitment event at Bristol
The following is an indication of what we know from experience and student and recruiter feedback what works well and not so well at Bristol. We advise that you consider this when planning your event to avoid disappointment.
All events must comply with our terms and conditions.
- Planning is crucial to secure your preference of date and location.
- Advertise your vacancies with us. This will help retain your profile year round and can help build momentum in the lead up to your event.
- Consider your profile among the student body at Bristol. If your brand is niche or this is your first visit to Bristol you may need to consider additional advertising options to gain more interest.
- Bring enthusiastic and approachable speakers. A range of roles to cover a mix of different questions is useful - someone from recruitment or HR, a recent graduate and someone more senior. Bristol alumni can also work well.
- Be prepared to have a mixed audience. Some students will be prepared and knowledgeable about your company while others may just be trying to figure out if a career in that sector is for them.
- Write an engaging and direct description for your presentation to entice students to attend. Due to high demand for Bristol students they may be invited to multiple events each day. Define why they should come to your event by writing a snappy, jargon free description. Be clear about the opportunities you have available and what they will gain from attending your event.
- Disclose any minimum suitability requirements in your event description. This allows students to self-select and ensures you do not meet students who will ultimately be unable to apply because of company restrictions.